Saturday, February 18, 2012

Supporting the local economy



Today we were on our own for adventure.  My adventure (and most of the other students, too) included a trip to the mercado (market) where we supported the local economy.  Decisions, decisions, decisions!  I also went with a few faculty to a coffee plantation and learned all about how coffee is made and went this morning to the textile museum where I learned all about how the beautiful native clothing is made.  There's not a day that goes by that I don't learn a lot here! 

Tomorrow I leave and I am sad that I will be missing the second week of service here.  Many thanks to the 300+ people who are catching our posts...that's EXACTLY what Cortney and I wanted to accomplish:  bringing this experience to the KCUMB campus family, to our alumni and to our family and friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving because I've enjoyed your pictures and the accounts of the days spent with the students. I hope someone will continue where you have left off.

    ReplyDelete